Apply for the Vacancy for Dean-School of Business at Linfield College. The category of the position is Dean – Business. The deadline for the application is 30th June 2020.
- Ensure the alignment of the School of Business with the strategic goals of Linfield University.
- Additionally, represent, advocate for, and mediate for the Business School’s faculty, students, and programs, while considering the overall needs of the University.
- Likewise, lead the development of new academic programs and the revision of existing academic programs in business.
- Similarly, supervise the curricula, courses, and methods of instruction, and coordinate with faculty for continual improvement.
- Also, oversee the scheduling of courses.
- Demonstrate a commitment to servant leadership, inclusive excellence, and personal and professional integrity.
- Teach in the School of Business.
- Likewise, recruit and retain faculty and students who will position the School of Business for success.
- Determine appropriate faculty workload, provide faculty development opportunities, and coordinate evaluations of faculty.
- Additionally, prepare and oversee the School of Business budget.
- Similarly, work with the Office of Institutional Advancement to explore external funding opportunities for the School of Business events, programs, and development.
Qualifications for Vacancy for Dean-School of Business
- Earned doctorate in a business discipline is required.
- Also, a minimum of five years of University teaching experience with a record of teaching, scholarship, and service.
- Likewise, evidence of student-centered teaching and mentoring new majority students
- Minimum of three years of higher education administration experience as a Dean, Associate Dean, Division Head, Department Chair, or similar position that includes supervision of direct reports, and evidence of strong management and innovative leadership.
- Also, experience building positive relations with the business community and alumni, including successful fundraising experience.
- Additionally, experience with successful accreditation efforts.
- Furthermore, practical business or industry experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office environment and is sedentary in nature. Constant sitting, hearing, seeing, talking, and repetitive movement of the wrists, hands, and fingers. Frequent standing, walking, and climbing stairs. Work may also require walking and standing in conjunction with travel to and attendance at meetings and conferences away from the worksite. Occasional exposure to weather elements when walking from building to building on campus. Occasional pushing, pulling, carrying, or lifting up to 25 pounds.
Review of applications will begin immediately, with priority given to applications received by June 5, 2020. Candidates can make the inquires to Gerardo Ochoa [email protected]. To apply, please complete the online application process at here and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
- Professional CV
Visit the official page for more information.