Apply for the Vacancy for MakerSpace Technician at Houston Community College in the USA. The category of the position is Information Technology – IT Support and Training.
- Maintain and support the day-to-day operations of the MakerSpace and its technologies;
- Additionally, participate in the evaluation of technology pilots and troubleshoots where necessary to ensure successful completion;
- Also, act as project manager for the implementation of MakerSpace technologies;
- Likewise, coordinate technology integration with the relevant IT departments;
- Also, collaborate with other departments and divisions to maximize the use of the MakerSpace;
- Ensure safe operation of the MakerSpace;
- Also, train users in the safe use of technologies as they are implemented in the MakerSpace
- Collaborate with technical staff where appropriate in other MakerSpaces as they are set up around the district;
- Support 3D Printers;
- Similarly, support CNC and non-computerized equipment where appropriate;
- Support microelectronics such as Raspberry Pi, Arduino, or equivalent;
- Furthermore, research, evaluate and recommend purchases of appropriate equipment and software;
- Moreover, the candidate may research/develop ADA procedures
- May assist IT, technicians, as determined by departmental leadership;
- Also, travel to multiple locations;
- Likewise, the candidate may require evening and weekend hours;
- Also, he/she may provide evening and weekend oversight of MakerSpace and would be responsible for its safe operation
Qualifications for Vacancy for MakerSpace Technician
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. The qualifications listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- AA, AAS, or certification in a related field required.
- Also, four (4) years of recent experience in hardware/software technical support considered in lieu of degree.
- Three (3) years of experience directly supporting technology in a business or education setting and in project-based technology implementation required.
- working in an educational environment
- Likewise, training users
- Also, focusing on technologies normally associated with a MakerSpace or fabrication facility
- Furthermore, woodworking or metalworking
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a collaborative environment;
- Knowledge of current desktop and mobile operating systems;
- Also, digital fabrication tools including but not limited to 3D Printers and CNC technologies;
- Additionally, design software such as Autodesk, Blender, Revit, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of productivity software and microelectronic technology such as Raspberry Pi, Arduino, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of coding preferred
- Able to multitask with a high volume of personal interaction with students, faculty, staff, coworkers, and vendors; and
- Able to effectively communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel.
Visit the official page for further details.