ADMINISTRATION AND FINANCE ASSISTANT (Egyptian fixed-term employment contract)
I-General overview of position / working conditions:
Asmae is a French international solidarity NGO specialized in child development. Independent, non-religious and non-political, it is open to everyone. Created in 1980 by Sister Emmanuelle following her experience with scavengers in Egypt’s slums, Asmae keeps it respecting its founder’s values and methods: listening and proximity, pragmatism, respect of the differences, professionalism and reciprocity.
Asmae’s action aims to support vulnerable children and their families through providing tailor-made and long lasting support to local stakeholders working on child protection and education. Its vision, “A fair world which guarantees that children can live and grow with dignity within their environment, to become free women and men who contribute to society”, is broken down into four missions:
• Stimulate child development through a global approach. To do this, Asmae also works on family support by taking their environment into account.
• Build the capacity of local stakeholders involved in child development, boost cooperation amongst them and maximize their social impact.
• Stand up for children by raising awareness and advocating;
• Experiment, disseminate and share practices.
Nowadays Asmae supports education and protection projects through 59 local organizations in Burkina Faso, Egypt, France, India, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali and the Philippines. Furthermore, in France, Asmae also directly manages a mother and childcare center.
II- background on Asmae in Egypt:
Asmae is registered under the Ministry of Solidarity since May 2015.
Asmae promotes child education and care within three areas of intervention: prevention of school drop-out and underperformance, prevention and care of children at risk and support to children with disabilities.
Asmae is currently supporting eight Egyptian associations working in informal areas of Greater Cairo, in Alexandria and arming (Luxor governorate).
Asmae Egypt’ team is based in Cairo with six persons: Country Representative, Office Assistant, Administrative and Finance Officer, Project Officer, Special Education Advisor, and a Translator/Interpreter.
III- mission and Responsibilities:
The selected candidate will assist the Administration and Finance officer in financial and legal tasks, will contribute to meeting deadlines and will ensure high quality accounting performance. He/she will perform field visits to Asmae’s partners to ensure compliance, and will visit government offices to facilitate requests and submissions of legal and accounting documents.
3.1. Accounting and financial management:
• Help the Administration and Finance officer to check the eligibility of the accounting documents of Asmae and its partners and report any case of non-compliance;
• Prepares a report for years 2015 to 2017;
• Works closely with Asmae’ s partners accountants to complete the missing supporting documents and to get the needed official and government approvals within the framework of projects funded by institutional donors;
• Assists in the preparation and the carrying out of the association’s financial audits.
• Assists in the preparation and implementation of the audits of the association’s partners, as part of co-financed projects;
• Prepares the analysis for Asmae withholding taxes for the previous year, ensure its validation and submit the required forms for the tax authority office;
• Keying in of expenditures in relevant Excel sheets;
• Assists in Cash Reconciliation process;
3.2. Administrative management:
• Help proceeding with the archiving of accounting , administrative and monthly financial documents in accordance with the current procedures;
• Checks all HR files for Asmae Egypt office, and completes what is missing;
• Any other work related tasks or duties;
3.3. Contribute to the development of Asmae’s activities:
• Participate in team meeting;
• Contribute to the implementation of the capacity building activity / experience sharing within the organization;
IV – PROFILE:
Education / Expérience:
• Bachelor Degree in commerce, administration, and accounting
• Minimum 3 years of experience in accounting, book keeping, financial reporting, and audit
• Fluent in English (Minimum level of B2 according to the Common European Framework Reference for Languages)
• Advanced skills in Microsoft office (Word, Powerpoint, Outlook and Excel)
• Excellent in building relationship and representation
• Sense of analysis capability
• Good organizational skills
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Hard worker and team player
Candidates should send a detailed resume outlining their academic and professional background relevant to the proposed position, as well as a cover letter, showing the persons motivation and expertise
|Type of Opportunity||General Job|