Administrative Assistant with cross-functional skills is required in the OIE Sub-Regional Representation in Brussels, Belgium. The World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) is the intergovernmental organisation responsible for improving animal health, veterinary public health and animal welfare worldwide, as well as for ensuring transparency of the global animal disease situation. The incumbent works under the authority of the Director General of the OIE and the direct supervision of the OIE Sub-Regional Representative.
- Assist the SRR-Brussels staff with all professional administrative procedures including processing requests for visas, addressing diplomatic papers and procedures, etc);
- Likewise, assist the SRR-Brussels staff with all travelling procedures: mission orders, flight tickets, booking of hotels, processing of expenses claims, etc.;
- Assist with the daily functioning of the SRR-Brussels (for instance, purchase and delivery of stationary, printer maintenance, general office maintenance);
- Draft, manage and archive incoming and outgoing correspondence ensuring appropriate follow-up of actions
- Similarly, manage filing and archiving of administrative and technical documents and update registers regularly, maintaining a proper and systematic archive system.
- Coordinate the logistic preparation and organisation of events, including participating in the drafting of concept notes and other documents necessary for the OIE headquarters
- Moreover, maintain the content of the OIE regional Website and associated webpages (e.g. the OIE Platform on
Animal welfare for Europe and the GF-TADs for Europe)
Qualifications and Requirements
- Under or graduate degree in public or business administration, languages, journalism or media, public health, political sciences or other related area;
- At least 5 years of successful professional experience.
- High fluency in written and spoken English is a critical requirement
- Also, proven writing, proofreading and editing skills in English;
- Furthermore, computer literacy in a Microsoft environment (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) is essential;
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to communicate effectively orally;
- Ability to manage processes and maintain accurate records.
If you are interested in this position, Apply Online.