Job vacancy of Administrative Assistant at United Nations, New York, United States
The incumbent will be doing the following job at United Nations Office of Information and Communication Technology
- Provides policy guidance to the Assistant Secretary-General, on conceptual ICT strategy development; and management of the implementation of overall strategies and intra and inter-divisional/departmental policies and procedures.
- Plans and oversees the management of activities undertaken by the Office; ensures that substantive work programmes and programmed activities are carried out in a timely fashion, coordinating diverse projects in the Office, and, in liaison with other organizations of the United Nations System, donors and agencies as appropriate.
- Manage, supervises and carries out the work programme of the Office under his/her responsibility. Co-ordinates the work carried out by the Office; provides programmatic and substantive reviews of drafts prepared by others.
- Provides substantive input in the preparation of position papers and reports for presentation to intergovernmental bodies such as the Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budget Questions, Committee for Programme Coordination, Economic and Social Council, the General Assembly and other policy-making organs, as appropriate.
- Contributes to the reporting to intergovernmental bodies on budget/programme performance or on programmatic/substantive issues, as appropriate, particularly those presented in biannual and/or annual reports.
- Ensures that the outputs produced by the Office maintain high-quality standards; that reports are clear, objective and based on comprehensive data. Ensures that all outputs produced by the Office under his/her supervision meet required standards before completion to ensure they comply with the relevant mandates.
- Prepares inputs for the work programme of the Office, determining priorities, and allocating resources for the completion of outputs and their timely delivery.
- Assists in the recruitment of staff for the Office taking due account of geographical and gender balance and other institutional values.
- Manages, guides as well as develops and trains staff under his/her supervision.
- Fosters teamwork and communication among staff in the Office and across organizational boundaries.
- Represents the Organization at inter-agency meetings, seminars, etc. on substantive-related issues.
- Furthermore, participates in international, regional or national meetings and provides programmatic/substantive expertise on an issue, or hold programmatic/substantive and organizational discussions with representatives of other institutions.
Requirements for this Job of Administrative Assistant at United Nations
- Advanced University degree in business or public administration, finance, information technology, law or related fields. However, candidates with a bachelor degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience are also eligible.
- Ten years of experience in project management, administrative services, information technology, communications or related area.
- Experience in a multicultural, international setting as well as Project Management experience is desirable.
- For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Furthermore, knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.