Anesthesia Attendant is required by Winnipeg Regional Health Authority. Under the general supervision of the Department Head, Anesthesia, and while demonstrating a commitment to the Mission, Values and Management Philosophy of St. Boniface General Hospital (SBGH), the ANESTHESIA ATTENDANT is responsible for: assisting with functions related to preparing, assembling and setting up Anesthesia supplies and equipment; inspecting, disassembling, assembling, cleaning and maintaining Anesthesia apparatus and devices; ordering, maintaining inventory of and restocking Anesthesia supplies; performing various cleaning duties; maintaining records as per department policy; picking up Anesthesia equipment/items from other departments; transporting patients as requested; and performing other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to work in a Windows operating environment
- One (1) year *related experience during the immediate preceding three (3) years
- * Note: “Related” experience is deemed to be experience as a Sterile Processing Attendant, CPD, Sterile Processing Attendant O.R., Sterile Processing Attendant NFA or as a Health Care Aide in Post Anesthesia Recovery Room or in an Intensive or Critical Care area.
- Grade XII or recognized equivalent.
- Successful completion of a regionally recognized and approved Sterile Processing Program from an accredited institution.
- *Note: New employees need to pass a test administered by the department upon completion of the SBGH Anesthesia Attendant Program.
- Annual BLS level C registration/re-registration
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Also, ability to interact well with others
- Moreover, ability to retain information which is of a confidential nature
- Further more, ability to work with accuracy
- Also, ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Further more, ability to adapt readily to stressful situations
- Moreover, mechanical aptitude
- Ability to walk, stand, bend, lift, twist and reach constantly throughout the entire shift.
- Also, ability to lift and carry equipment/trays weighing up to approximately 40 lbs/18 kgs.
- Good physical health with the ability to lift and move patients.
- Also, ability to maneuver and push/pull loaded carts.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, an Adult Abuse Registry Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.