Applied Data Scientist position is available in the Information and Analytics (I&A) team of Unilever at Brazil. The role works closely with the I&A Products teams that help markets win by mainly by supporting the cross-functional business teams (CCBT) and Customer Development (CD) function. The I&A team leverages close engagement with business leaders to solve for both large transformation programs and near-term business problems.
- Fluent in English and Portuguese
- B.S. or M.S. in a relevant technical field (Operations Research, Computer Science, Statistics, Business Analytics, Econometrics, or Mathematics). Overall experience of 5+ years is preferable.
- 3-5 years of experience working in a fast-moving consumer goods company and/or data – analytic supplier (e.g. Nielsen, IRI, or other related companies)
- Strong track record in solving analytical problems using quantitative and machine learning approaches
- Working knowledge of advanced machine learning such as Deep Neural Networks, Support vector machines, Reinforcement learning and Bayesian networks
- Working knowledge in classical statistics (Regression, Clustering, Optimization, Time Series, Probability)
- Deep experience in testing and measurement (A/B, multivariate, inferential measurement e.g. CausalImpact)
- Deep experience working with and coding in R, R Shiny, Python
- In addition, working knowledge of data visualization concepts in reports (Tableau, Power BI) and specialist tools (D3 or equivalent)
- Works with the product owner to fully understand the business problem and how to deliver relevant algorithms that lead to the right insights.
- Also, builds, iterates, and refines analytic models to solve complex business problems and deliver predictions on potential future outcomes in a repeatable and relevant way across divisions and markets.
- Supports adapting the algorithms and analytic models to evolving / changing business needs (change requests- CRs) on a going basis after they are put into production.
- Likewise, work with the I&A product owner and market teams to fully understand the business problems and how to deliver relevant insights that lead to actions.
- Guide the work of 3rd party vendors, ensuring optimal delivery while creating IP and capability within Unilever
- Support product teams scaling models into low-touch solutions to provide optimal ROI from data science.