Architect Jobs at United Nations Department of Operational Support, New York, United States.
- Assist the Chief of OSAU to manage the space portfolio at HQ in order to meet all space needs.
- Ensure that space and occupancy information of UN owned and leased properties are correctly recorded and regularly updated.
- Provide reports on projected space needs, occupancy rates, and statistics on space utilization; as well as maintain data, analyze and prepare reports, utilizing Microsoft Excel or applicable software.
- Apply commonly used architectural/engineering calculations, practices and precedents in reviewing office space planning. Similarly, managing the selection of additional premises including the development of cost estimates.
- Prepare rented space for use based on organizational needs entailing all related planning and project management tasks.
- Plan and design specifications, create standard drawings and layouts for projects, conduct preliminary site investigations to assess office space needs and coordinate the design and construction of all internal office reconfiguration and related moves.
- Liaise with other Departments and serve as a focal point for all office space-related requirements, including the effective utilization of space at Headquarters.
- Also, analyze project proposals to ensure technical feasibility and to ensure that project objectives are attainable with proper resources.
- Anticipate short term and long term space requirements and address demand in a timely manner by engaging Procurement Service and the Office of Legal Affairs to secure new leases and/or extend existing lease needed in keeping with the overall space management plan.
- Assist the Chief of OSAU to manage all OSAU administered lease contracts and service contracts, ensuring all lease and service contracts are current, expenditure regularly monitored and NTEs maintained.
- Similarly, implement and keep up-to-date the computerized graphic space database using CAFM.
- Negotiate space allocations with other offices; coordinate acquisition, installation, and relocation of furniture and equipment, and organize and direct ad-hoc requests for movers’ services in connection with facility demands.
- Assist the Chief of OSAU in managing the Real Estate Portfolio in UMOJA.
- Furthermore, perform other duties as required.
- Advanced university degree in Architecture or Engineering. However, candidates with a bachelor’s degree with two additional years of qualifying work experience can also apply.
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in architecture or engineering design with an emphasis on interior construction and office space planning. Similarly, experience in AutoCAD is necessary.
- Fluency in English is necessary for the post. Additional knowledge of any other UN official will be desirable.