Associate, Food Fortification position is available in GAIN (Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition). The Associate will work closely with the Programme Lead- Food Fortification, Director, Food Policy & Financing, the Program Services Team and the broader organization – as well as external partners and stakeholders. Moreover, the incumbent will help to manage the successful delivery of projects with a priority focus in French-speaking regions including Haiti and West Africa and global projects managed out of Brussels.
- Provides managerial, policy and technical support to the GAIN’s West Africa Quality Food Project, in
collaboration with WFP.
- Ensures program management, deliver on program commitments follow work
plan and Budget.
- Also, Manages the technical inputs on GAIN’s global fortification advisory services contract
- Provides technical assistance to the design and supports country teams to implement fortification
projects, in Pakistan and Mozambique.
- Likewise, Manages the technical inputs on GAIN’s Haiti fortification project
- Provides overall support to write and submit donor and financial reports;
- Supports the Programme Lead, Director and the rest of Program Services Team to identify opportunities
for building pipeline and fundraising;
- Helps provide policy support to GAIN’s overall portfolio;
- Support efforts to disseminate findings by writing blogs, articles and other publications on GAIN’s work
with a focus on French-speaking regions
- In addition, Support preparation and presentation of high quality analysis and research, as required, to support the Initiative in determining future strategic priorities and setting operational plans.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Master’s degree in international relations, public health, nutrition, business administration, food science, public policy, or related field.
- Moreover, 4+ years in international development
- Proven experience in global and/or national health and nutrition and strong knowledge of food initiatives
- Experience in food safety, large-scale food fortification and universal salt iodization programs will be
- Likewise, Experience of working with the private sector
- Experience of forming appropriate platforms for public- private collaboration
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work in an international team
- Experience working with international partners including governments, international organizations, and NGOs both at the global and country level
- Comfortable with multi-tasking and operating in a fast paced, multi-faceted, and multi-cultural environment
- Furthermore, Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in English and in French.