UN Jobs in Vienna, Austria,
Position: Associate Programme Officer at UNODC (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime)
United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime is seeking highly enthusiastic, prompt and caliber Associate Programme Officer in Vienna, Austria. In general, the incumbent will do the following things in the Implementation Support Section I (ISS I), Terrorism Prevention Branch (TPB), and Division for Treaty Affairs (DTA).
- Assist in conceptualizing, planning and implementing global, regional and national activities. They might be on chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear (CBRN) terrorism prevention in particular legislative assistance and capacity building workshops, implementation of the relevant international anti-terrorism instruments, as well as other relevant initiatives in the legal and related aspects of CBRN counter-terrorism.
- Contribute substantively to the work of the section on CBRN terrorism. Also, provide inputs for funding proposals for donors and prepare technical briefings.
- Prepare technical presentations on the CBRN counter-terrorism activities of UNODC; carry out presentations, as required.
- Assist in the preparation of, and participate in relevant technical assistance missions to the Member States, as needed.
- Contribute to ensuring that the work program and the activities of the Branch are carried out in coordination with other entities and UNODC. Similarly, contribute to the overall substantive implementation of the work program of the Branch.
- In addition to that, perform other work-related duties as assigned.
Required qualifications and skills
- Advanced university degree in law or masters degree equivalent qualifications in the relevant field. Also, specialization in nuclear law, disarmament and nonproliferation studies and their international dimensions is highly desirable.
- Minimum of two years of experience in the relevant field. Preferably in CBRN terrorism prevention, nonproliferation, nuclear law, nuclear security or closely related issues.
- Understanding of theories, concepts, and approaches relevant to counter-terrorism, in particular, CBRN terrorism.
- Strong command in the English language. In addition to that, additional knowledge of any UN official language will be plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership as well as organizational skills.