Audiovisual Editing Jobs at UN, Arusha, Tanzania
Position title: Audiovisual Redactor/ Editor (Archives Assistant) at the International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals
The incumbent will be doing the following jobs
- Reviewing all archival audiovisual recordings of the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (“ICTR”) courtroom proceedings to identify any sensitive information contained in the recordings. Moreover, this includes closely reviewing all relevant judicial records, applying the established redaction procedures to the review process to ensure compliance with judicial orders and fully documenting the redaction process.
- Identifying the specific timecodes of confidential information from the English language versions of the digital copies of the audiovisual records using digital audiovisual editing software and asset management systems to create redacted versions of the audiovisual records.
- Working in close cooperation with the French and Kinyarwanda Language Specialists on the Audiovisual Redaction Team, ensuring the conformity of the redactions made in all language channels of the audiovisual recordings.
- Editing out confidential information and applying audio distortion, noise reduction and other approved signal enhancement processes using audiovisual editing software to produce the redacted audiovisual recordings.
- Integrating the redacted audiovisual files into the information management systems of MARS, and updating the metadata accordingly.
- Maintaining meticulous logs of all work completed and all redactions made and ensuring the integrity of the digital files.
- Other duties, such as the digitization and data integration of the audiovisual exhibits and so on.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent. However, additional qualifications or training in the fields of audiovisual production, archives and records management, or information management is desirable.
- Minimum of six years of experience in the field of audiovisual archives management or audiovisual editing, recording or production or a related field.
- Familiarity with digital audiovisual formats and experience using professional audiovisual editing software.
- Moreover, experience in the redaction of legal material in an international judicial environment is desirable.
- For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is mandatory. Furthermore, working knowledge of French and/or Kinyarwanda is desirable.