Audit Accountant position available in the Finance Department of Population Services International (PSI).
PSI is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. It is working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare. There are over 8,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It is a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that it brings to the critically important work that it does.
The Finance department supports the Global operations of PSI. This includes operations in 60+ countries. The financial and reporting requirements of each donor are accounted for within this department. It is looking for an Audit Accountant to help it navigate through the diverse group of donor assurance requirements. This position helps ensure that the assurance needs of the donor are being met, as well as supporting the remediation of Finance improvements, and the needs of internal PSI users of financial information.
- Assist in coordinating PSI’s annual consolidated and Single audits
- Assist in coordinating PSI’s various donor mandated audits and providing support on In-Country statutory audits as needed
- Manage audit request items (PBC) list for consolidated single, and donor audits
- Assist in preparing and reviewing audit schedules for correctness and consistency
- Coordinate field submission of audit samples
- Act as liaison between PSI staff and external auditors
- Assist in preparing schedules for 990 and 990T
- Providing training to the audit intern on the external audits co-ordination process
- Prepare annual surveys, external financial requests and data collection forms as required
- Assist in oversight of financial information submitted monthly by the field office
- Assist in miscellaneous administrative support and other duties or special projects as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA or equivalent preferred
- 3+ years of audit experience, accounting experience in financial reporting, non-profit or public accounting environment
- Solid working knowledge of major ERP, inventory and accounting systems, preferably Info/Lawson
- Understanding of US GAAP and internal controls
- Ability to link internal policies and procedures to audit documentation
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel as well as MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, including the ability to work in a team environment, interact with senior management and individuals with varying degrees of financial knowledge
- French speaker highly desired
- References will be required.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. N.B. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship and relocation expenses will not be covered for this position.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.