Audit Job at United Nations, New York
The Department of Management Strategy, Policy and Compliance Office of Programme Planning, Finance and Budget invite a qualified and experienced candidate to apply for the position of Audit Assistant. The position holder will serve as a member of the Board’s Secretariat. In addition to that, s/he will report to a Director of External Audit and/or the Executive Secretary of the Board.
In particular, the position holder will perform the following duties
- Collects relevant information and documentation related to specific research assignments, including calculating, computing and verifying data as required by the Executive Secretary for the Audit Operations Committee. Checks audit reports for accuracy of figures and text as required by Directors of External Audit. Supports the processing of audit reports and the submission of reports to the Department for General Assembly and Conference Management for publishing. Also, prepares spreadsheets, presentations and various communication using Microsoft Office products.
- Performs other duties as may be required such as administrative-related tasks: tracking the status of audit assignments, documenting minutes of Board & Panel of external auditors’ annual sessions.
- Similarly, assists in organizing and maintaining the archives of the Board’s documents.
- Facilitates all needs for Board members’ teams in support of their visits and access to documents and electronic systems.
- Furthermore, performs other duties as assigned.
In order to be fit for the role, the candidate must have the following qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent. In addition to that, at least five years of experience in accounting, finance, audit or related area.
- Experience working with Microsoft Word and Excel. Similarly, experience in conducting independent research and analytical assignments is necessary.
- Knowledge of an enterprise resource planning system such as Umoja as well as experience in assisting senior management is desirable.
- Strong knowledge of the English language (oral as well as writing).
Click here to see more job vacancies