Auditing jobs at the United Nations, Kuwait
About roles and responsibilities
In addition to the Chief of Section or to auditors in charge (team leaders), the Auditor will perform the following functions
- Lead audits of smaller, less complex operations and supervise audit assistants on these assignments.
- Prepare/participate in preparations for risk-based audit plans/programs in accordance with OIOS standards.
- The document, evaluate and test systems and controls to determine their adequacy and effectiveness to ensure: (i) compliance with policies and procedures; (ii) accomplishment of management’s objectives; (iii) reliability and integrity of information; (iv) economic use of resources; and (v) safeguarding of assets.
- Review working papers prepared by assisting auditors for subsequent review by the auditor in charge or the Chief of Section. Also, prepare working papers for review by the auditor in charge or the Chief of Section.
- Develop and discuss findings; come to an agreement on recommendations and timelines for corrective actions with responsible officers of operations audited and monitor the implementation status of agreed recommendations. Also, draft audit reports for an entire assignment or a portion of an assignment.
- Take initiative in identifying appropriate audit tools, best practices, as well as identify and perform tasks aimed at ensuring that the audit/assignments are conducted in accordance with OIOS standards.
- Similarly, participating in the development, implementation, and evaluation of assigned programs and projects.
- Monitor and analyze program/project development as well as implementation.
- Furthermore, perform other tasks as may be assigned.
In order to be responsible for the post, the candidates must have
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, finance, accounting, or related field. Or either a first-level university degree in combination with two
additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree. Certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA),
Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or equivalent is desirable.
- In addition to that, five years of professional experience in audit, finance, accounting, administration, statistics, computer science, or related area.
- However, the English language is mandatory for this post but knowledge of additional UN official language will be an asset.