Jobs at Barclays in the United Kingdom
Position: Lead Data Modeller
The position holder will join the Granular Trial Balance (GTB) project. GTB delivers a global data platform to provide Finance-attested granular trial balances to multiple functions within Finance, Risk and Treasury. Phase 1 of this program delivers granular, ledger-reconciled balances for External, Regulatory and Internal reporting, and later phases will extend the capability across other use cases across RFT.
In particular, Lead Data Modeller will do the following duties
- Documentation of high-level and detailed technical design to enable development teams to successfully deliver business outcomes
- Engage with business stakeholders for analysis and High-level design of GTB data processing components
- Analyze business requirements to identify technology changes required to meet desired outcomes
- Similarly, analysis using data analysis tools to identify quality issues, patterns and inform technical solution design
- Understand and act according to additional firm-wide Programs like GL Migration / Technology Business Landscape changes expected to have an impact on GTB delivery.
- Furthermore, coordination of and hands-on assistance with User Acceptance Testing.
The ideal candidate will have the following specifications
- Experience with data modeling & implementation design in Hadoop as well as with Agile delivery.
- Knowledge and understanding of Data Analysis tools such as Alteryx and Python.
- Familiar with complex system integration and excellent understanding of the full SDLC lifecycle including both waterfall, agile and DevOps methodologies.
- Experience with creating contextual diagrams to show interfaces, data flows, use cases, and high-level processes.
- Appreciation of data analytics and interrogation tools such as Spark & HIVE
- Ability to coach and mentor peers and indirect lines and also to ensures constant high quality of deliverables.
- Similarly, able to handle a large geographically distributed team (30 people across 5 regions).
- Excellent communication skills and resistance to stress.
Barclays plc is a British multinational investment bank and financial services. The facility has a headquarter in London, United Kingdom. Personal banking, corporate banking, wealth management, and investment management are the four core business areas of the company after investment banking.