Business Transformation Officer (Head of Application Support) position is available at the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP). WFP is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. In order to help it in its aim, it is looking for a solid, experienced Head of Application Support to help in its functions.
Salary and Benefits
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, pension plan as well as medical insurance.
- Lead the Application Hosting and Maintenance team within the Service Management Branch, to support all WFP solutions globally.
- Also, participate in the development of plans, budgets and policies, and lead the design and deployment of IT/TC systems aligned with business needs, in line with WFP corporate standards.
- Design and run hosting services, both on-premises and on cloud
- Coordinate application maintenance with IT Architecture and Solution Delivery.
- Likewise, coordinate problem management and troubleshooting concerning issues that affect WFP applications.
- Implement cybersecurity best practices throughout on-premises and on cloud solutions.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Advanced university degree in Computer Science, engineering or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses
- Eight years or more (of which three international) of postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience in IT with an interest in international humanitarian development.
- Similarly, four years or more experience in Application Hosting and Maintenance within international companies and organization.
- In addition, three years of more experience of Application Hosting and maintenance experience within a complex environment.
- Extensive experience managing application support for corporate services in a large international organization.
- Fluency in oral and written English with an intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working languages).
You need to apply online for this position.