Jobs at Care USA, Sana’a, Yemen
Position Title: Education Consortium Manager
One of the largest global humanitarian organization, Care USA is seeking highly reliable and dynamic Education Consortium Manager.
In particular, the position holder will be doing the following qualifications
- Oversee day-to-day operations in consultation with the Program Management Unit and CARE Area Managers, emphasizing continuous learning, improvement, and accountability for results.
- Coordinate project implementation across the Area Managers and consortium members, improving integration of approaches among partners to ensure the program meets its goals, deliverables, and milestones.
- Contribute to the development of annual work plans and translate the work plans to line items to develop annual and project budgets. Similarly, coordinate input for the annual budgeting process with the Area Managers, CARE Yemen Finance staff, and consortium members.
- Review periodic financial and operations reports with the Program Management Unit and other program technical leads. Also, take a lead on addressing any issues that might impact the program achieving its goals.
- Monitor financial performance and progress toward objectives and monitor expenses against the program budget, providing precise, detailed, reports during project start-up and throughout implementation and close-out. Similarly, ensure compliance with all USAID regulations and CARE policies, practices, and regulations.
- Coordinate the development of robust M&E systems for measuring progress and impact of the program on primary beneficiaries. Similarly, ensure that an effective knowledge management plan is in place.
- Represent the consortium to external stakeholders, including the donor, UN Cluster, and National Authorities.
- Maintain effective linkages between technical components and finance and administrative functions within the project.
- Also, supervise and mentor staff.
- Furthermore, perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Education, International Development, or equivalent degree/s in finance, accounting, commerce, or closely related field and 6 years of experience or Bachelor’s degree plus 8 years of experience.
- Previous experience in managing financial, accounting, and operations function for large, multi-faceted US Government projects in the $15 million and up range.
- Experience in consortium management, partnership development and implementing partner capacity building
- Experience developing and maintaining partnerships with multi-lateral donors as well as experience in budget monitoring and managing financial reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of Gender Equity and Diversity, as evidenced in previous management positions and programming.
- Minimum of four years of supervisory experience, including direct supervision and mentoring of a technical team.
- Balance of strong analytical and interpersonal skills. Also, confident in achieving results under challenging implementation circumstances/conflict environment.
- Fluency in English is required; Arabic language proficiency is an advantage.
- Furthermore, the ability to travel within project areas as may be required and as security allows.