Jobs at Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment, Salt Lake, Utah, United States of America
Position: Senior Character Artist at WB Games Studio
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (also known as WB Games) is the video game production arm of Warner Bros., and a publisher, developer, licensor and distributor of entertainment content for the interactive space across all platforms, including console, handheld, mobile and PC-based gaming for both internal and third party game titles.
Avalanche/WB Games Studio in Salt Lake City is seeking highly qualified and dynamic Character Artist at Senior level. The successful appointee will help polish assets and get character assets into our Unreal Character Creator. In addition to that, s/he plays an integral “technical” part within our existing head/morph system, hair system, clothing system, texture system, fur system, skin system, and all other character related “systems” etc. However, the position holder should have a deep understanding of texture maps, UVs, baking, and extracting textures from scanned data. Similarly, knowledge of Substance Painter, Zbrush, Maya, topology, and game optimization is essential.
- Work closely with Dept. Lead overall character related to pipelines.
- Document workflows and pipelines within a character style guide as well as create both Organic and Hard Surface Models.
- Knowledge of various character pipelines.
- Create high-resolution source assets in an industry standard sculpting/modeling package (Zbrush, Maya).
- Similarly, creates low-poly, efficient, animation-ready assets from high-resolution source assets.
- Create animation ready topology and textures using a variety of styles – from photorealistic to hand-painted.
- Prepare outsourced work for integration to the game and work in Unreal.
- Prove to be a “GameMaker” by assisting in the creation of other game-ready assets such as environment pieces, props, etc. as needed.
- A solid background in traditional art and a demonstrated knowledge of Human and Animal Anatomy. In addition to that, five years of experience in game development modeling and texturing 3D assets.
- Shipped a AAA title as a character artist.
- Rigging knowledge is helpful as is an understanding of hair/fur.
- Familiar with PBR workflow as well as technical and Artistic abilities.
- Expert skills with Maya, Zbrush, Unreal, Adobe / Photoshop, Substance Painter, 3d Coat, and Marmoset.
- Similarly, excellent communications skills. Flexible and easy-going attitude takes direction well.
- Team player who works well with co-workers and other departments as well as attention to detail.