Chief of Communication position is available in the UNICEF Indonesia Country Office. Under the guidance of the Representative, the incumbent will be accountable for developing, managing, coordinating, networking, implementing and monitoring an advocacy as well as communication strategy.
- Ensure that the Country Office has a clear communication and advocacy strategy and associated work plan
- Likewise, ensure that the Country Office has a well-managed country communication team that maintains and continually develops a contact list of journalists and media outlets covering all media
- Manage a country communication team to ensure that the Country Office has a well maintained and continually developed contact list
- In addition to local/national campaigns, ensure that the Country Office has an effective process in place for integrating and taking action on UNICEF’s global communications priorities and campaigns
- Ensure the support of the global and country level fund-raising activities
- Similarly, ensure the effective and optimum use of the human resources (the communication team) and financial resources (budget planning, management and monitoring) for the communication section of the Country Office
Qualifications and Requirements
- Advanced university degree (master’s or higher) in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations or other related fields.
- Minimum 10 (ten) years of progressively responsible and relevant professional work experience.
- Or, an undergraduate degree plus at least 14 (fourteen) years of demonstrated professional experience in the field of journalism, communications, external relations, public affairs, public relations or corporate communications.
- Professional experience in communication, print, broadcast, news media.
- Moreover, excellent interpersonal skills, enthusiasm for creating a better world for children, innovative mindset
- Successful experience in leading and motivating a high performing team.
- Furthermore, background/familiarity with Emergency situations.
You can apply online for this position.