NATO Jobs at Brussels, Belgium
Position: Chief Technical Officer
About NCI Agency (NATO Communications and Information Agency)
The NATO Communications and Information Agency is technology and cyber hub of NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization). The Agency provides C4ISR (Command, Control, Communications, and Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance refer to Command and control terminology) technology, including cyber and missile defense.
NATO Communication and Information Agency is seeking a highly qualified technical expert to accept the position of Chief Technical Officer at the agency. In general, the CTO will be responsible for Technical leadership, translating business needs into an IT strategy and roadmap. S/he will join the technical team to support the IT services to support NATO’s Digital Endeavour.
In particular, the Chief Technical Officer requires to do the following duties in the agency
- Identifying and implement innovative solutions through the specification of technical policy, working practices, and professional standards. Similarly, Lead technical relations with industry to gain market insight on emerging technology.
- Developed IT roadmap promoting technical solutions that foster competition.
- Participate in Agency governance, contributing to wider policy on IT issues;
- Deliver technical support and identify professional capacity required to support Agency programs and projects. Similarly, provide technical advice to Nations when interfacing their systems with NATO.
- Develop NATO’s Consultation, Command and Control architecture to support capability and implement technical coherence, on time and within budget;
- Also, leads technical review of IT-related acquisition activity including assurance of coherence with the NATO Enterprise architecture and design;
- Furthermore, establish, and manage Heads of Technical Professions to develop and maintain appropriate skills and competencies across the Agency;
- In addition to that, identification of skills gaps across IT roadmap and changing business demands, proposing organization changes and/or training if required.
- Master’s in Computer Science with particular specifications or equivalent qualification in the relevant field. In addition to that, 15 years’ experience in a senior industry related appointment or in a relevant senior NATO or national appointment.
- Proven experience as a Chief Technology Officer or similar leadership role with a strong technical understanding across state-of-the-art technology relevant to the work of NATO;
- Also, knowledge and experience of development, acquisition and/or implementation of communications, computer, command, and control, or intelligence systems or programs.
- Demonstrable executive level management level experience, specifically developing and implementing strategic IT programs.
- In addition to that, excellent communication and influencing skills, able to adapt to different audiences and present clear, articulate information effectively.
- Knowledge of English, both written and spoken. However, some knowledge of French is desirable.