UN jobs in Colombia
Position: Close Protection Officer
In addition to reporting the Protective Services Unit´s Team Leader, the Close Protection Officer carries out the following duties
- Provides advice on operational requirements within the mandated area of operations and the time of assignment;
- Maintains security coverage for the working office and, as would be needed, personal residence of the Senior UN Official. Similarly, ensures that mitigating measures are in place at all time to deter or deny identified threat and to preserve the security, safety, and wellbeing of the Senior UN Officials.
- Conducts Security Liaison Officer operations;
- Accompanies the Senior UN Official during official travels and coordinates all related security requirements. Also, liaises with relevant security focal points within delegated authority.
- Prior to initiating a deployment, coordinates with representatives of mission units or departments on issues of the location, as well as public forces, on the current threat and political climate and assesses, plans, coordinates and executes close protection operations;
- Provides guidance on changes that might occur whilst on duty as well as de-briefs PSU´s Officers and assesses each move upon conclusion.
- Assists the PSU´s Team Leader or equivalent in drafting the Statements of Requirement.
- Provides technical specifications for the procurement of unit and team equipment.
- Furthermore, performs any other duties as required.
- A high school diploma or equivalent technical or vocational certificate. In addition to that, a minimum of six years with high school diploma or equivalent of progressively responsible experience in the military, police or security management.
- Similarly, At least one year experience and exposure at the international level and in a conflict or a post-conflict environment.
- Experience and proficiency in the use of protection weapons, communications, surveillance equipment, and vehicles.
- Must be an excellent team player and client-oriented.
- Fluency in English and Spanish (both oral and written).