Jobs at flydubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Position: Commercial Manager
flydubai (Legally as Dubai Aviation Corporation) is a government-owned lost-cost airline. It has head office and flight operations in Terminal 2 of Dubai International Airport. The airline operates a total of 95 destinations, serving the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Europe from Dubai.
The new recruit Commercial Manager will perform the following specifications
- Implement strategies to achieve company revenue targets for the allocated region.
- Given the complexity of different markets identify and implement distribution strategy and commercial infrastructure in line with the company’s model and standards.
- Manage relationships with various government / regulatory bodies during the inception of the route and operational continuity at all times. Similarly, manage payments and remittances to flydubai from distributors, to eliminate bad debts.
- Provide market intelligence to the Commercial Team, to aid new route planning, identifying opportunities and risks. Also, provide practical feedback, helping shape the channel and business strategies.
- Exploit opportunities through innovation and entrepreneurial spirit to stimulate the market and develop sustainable and profitable growth for flydubai.
- Change market perceptions by opening new and alternative distribution channels and sales methods, focussing on transparency, customer service and the eradication of cost of sale.
- Ensure that the product and promotional plans are understood by all stakeholders and implemented to give the greatest impact on the market. Also, ensure the business environment at designated territory complement safe and efficient operations in maintaining flydubai’s image, reputation, and customer service levels.
In order to be eligible for the position of Commercial Manager, the candidates must have the following qualifications
- University degree or equivalent. In addition to that, a minimum of 7 years’ experience in sales functions in a highly competitive airline/travel market.
- Ability to communicate fluently in spoken and written English as well as knowledge of Word/Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational, communicational, interpersonal and leadership skills. Similarly, an excellent track record in developing, implementing and controlling budgets.
- Must have the right to work and live in the country of employment.