Communications Assistant, Pacific Labour Facility (PLF) position is available in Palladium International. Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. The Pacific Labour Facility (PLF) facilitates the seasonal and longer-term work opportunities for Pacific workers to Australia. Palladium manages the PLF and and provides the backbone of Australia’s future support for circular labour mobility in the Pacific under the direction of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT).
The Communications Assistant will work with the communications team, to support the delivery of the PLF’s Communication and Marketing Strategy.
- Contribute to the delivery of the facility’s communications and marketing strategy
- Assist with general administration tasks in the communications department for example, schedule meetings, prepare presentations, gather materials for workshops/meetings.
- In collaboration with the operations team, manage contracts for external service providers where required (e.g. researchers, software suppliers, or web developers).
- In collaboration with the operations team, manage procurement processes such as printing quotes, purchasing assets.
- Assist with collecting and developing content for communication materials such as: news stories, websites, newsletters, brochures, and social media sites.
- Upload content to social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, websites and blog. Track results and analyse data across social media channels and google analytics (websites).
- Likewise, format and edit reports in MS Word.
- Create presentations in PowerPoint and documents to assist the team.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Relevant experience in a marketing or communications environment
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- In addition, experience in developing content for digital media sources.
- Ability to multitask, be well organised and with a high attention to detail.
- Similarly, skilled in using Microsoft Office software.
- Personal initiative, creativity, and drive.
- Above all, fluency in written and spoken English.
- Willingness to travel domestically and to Pacific countries
You can apply online for this job.