Data Analysis jobs at WFP (World Food Programme), Mali
Position: US – Monitoring and Evaluation Data Analysis Officer
The incumbent will do the following duties under the direct supervision of the M&E and VAM Officer
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities on the effectiveness of all WFP interventions. Examples include beneficiary needs and status, food security status, programme modalities, implementation challenges, etc.
- In close collaboration with VAM, contribute to the analysis of outcome data and recommend improvements to programme interventions. Similarly, to enhance WFPs ability to demonstrate outcome-focused results, mainstreaming gender and protection issues
- Support the M&E team in close collaboration with programme units to pilot specific technical studies such as cost-benefit studies
- Produce frequent monitoring and evaluation progress reports with the status of results and implementation of improvements.
- Contribute to the data visualization of M&E and VAM data and results
- Liaise with programme, communication and donor relation teams to discuss the way forward on knowledge management and communication
- Explore the use of program data/analysis to illustrate WFP’s resilience, food security and nutrition outcomes and achievements at the country level for use in communication materials and briefs, workshops.
- Contribute to food security and nutrition data collection and analyses with VAM team and the food security cluster at national and regional level (food security and nutrition briefings and newsletter, participation to the Cadre Harmonise, etc.) to better inform the identification, design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of food security and nutrition response;
- Providing technical support and ensure capacity building of food security cluster partners (both at national and sub-national level) to improve quality and accountability of operations: support definition and harmonization of food security standards and tools (e.g. definition of food basket, minimum expenditure basket, targeting methods and criteria, food security indicators, M&E tools, etc.) and ensure mainstreaming of cross-cutting issues in food security interventions (protection, accountability to affected populations, gender, age, human rights, environment and sustainable development goals, etc.);
- Carry out analyses of available information to feed into knowledge and communication products, as required
- Participate in capacity building of institutions, food security cluster and WFP partners inappropriate monitoring and evaluation techniques. Also, participate in data visualization to increase awareness on the importance of monitoring and evaluation and encourage accountability for demonstrating results.
- Work in close collaboration with internal counterparts, external partners and the food security cluster to strengthen the quality and consistency of monitoring and evaluation activities in the field.
- Provide monitoring and evaluation findings and recommendations to support performance planning and risk analysis. Similarly, assist emergency preparedness, security risk management and risk mitigation activities.
- Furthermore, act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications
- Advanced University Degree, or University degree with additional experience and training/courses in Food Security, Agriculture, Economics, Political Science, Humanitarian Affairs, Statistics, Data Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Communications or other related fields. In addition to that, a minimum two to three years post-graduate working related experience
- Proficiency in both oral and written French. However, strong skills in English is a must. Similarly, proficiency in Windows MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Experience in collecting and conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses, and reporting findings to various audiences.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders, including state actors and local civil society, and develop consensus.
- Knowledge of and experience in using advanced Excel and data analysis and visualization software, including proficiency with databases.
- Also, the ability to present information in understandable tables, charts and graphs.