Google Jobs in Seoul, South Korea
Position: Customer Engineer – Data Management Specialist
Google is seeking a highly qualified Customer Engineer – Data Management Specialist to join the dynamic team of Google Cloud Platform. The position holder will be responsible to grow the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees, and partners.
In particular, the incumbent will do the following specifications
- Support local sales teams in pursuit of key business opportunities, engaging customers to address aspects of the data lifecycle.
- Identify business and technical requirements, conduct full technical discovery and architect client solutions to meet gathered requirements.
- Take responsibility for leading technical projects, including such activities as technology advocacy, supporting bid responses, product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of supporting technical resources.
- Work hands-on with Google Cloud Platform products to demonstrate and prototype integrations in customer/partner environments. Similarly, travel as required around APAC for meetings, technical reviews, and onsite delivery activities.
- Furthermore, prepare and deliver product messaging, using techniques that include whiteboard and slide presentations, product demonstrations, white papers, and RFI response documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related technical field. However, a master’s degree in a related technical field is more preferred.
- In addition to that, experience as a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or in a customer-facing role.
- Experience with database technologies and knowledge of database administration techniques. Similarly, experience with data migration strategies and moving large scale production systems.
- Strong communication skills in English. However, an ability to speak and write in Korean fluently and idiomatically will be a plus.