Driver Jobs at United Nations, Thailand
This position is available in the Asia and Pacific Office of the United Nations Environment Programme in Bangkok. Under the overall direction of the Regional Director and direct supervision of Chief, Administrative Officer, the driver will be responsible for the following duties
- Drives vehicles safely for the transport of authorized personnel and for the transport of general cargo goods.
- Makes regular deliveries of parcels, documents, etc., between the UN office and other offices and institutions, e.g. Ministries, Embassies, Permanent Missions, etc.
- Makes minor purchases and collects urgent purchases from local suppliers as requested. Collects goods from the customs with due regard to customs regulations and formalities. May make or collect payment for goods.
- Meets official personnel at the airport and facilitates immigration and customs formalities as required.
- Deals effectively and tactfully with officials and visitors.
- Takes care of the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicles, check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc; and will also performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs and ensures that the vehicle is kept clean.
- Logs official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, maintenance, etc.
- Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident.
- Applies good judgment in the context of assignments given as well as assists with the necessary procedures regarding visa application.
- Performs messenger work, including some clerical work such as packing, photocopies documents, when assigned.
- Furthermore, s/he will perform other duties as assigned.
The successful appointee will have the following eligibilities
- High school diploma or equivalent. In addition to that, driver training with a valid driver’s license is the most.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a driver with a safe driving record is necessary.
- Similarly, experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles.
- Fluency in English is necessary for this post. Furthermore, knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the United Nations including the Charter of the United Nations, resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.