Economists Jobs at FAO (Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations) in Rome, Italy
The FAO is seeking caliber and highly qualified Economists to coordinate, manage and implement selected major deliverables. As in, it will be under the new IPC Global Strategic Programme (GSP) 2018-2021. Furthermore, she will reports to the Senior Economist, IPC Global Programme Manager under the overall guidance of the ESA Director.
- Plans and leads components of multidisciplinary teams and short-term workgroups, leads and/or participates in the division/departmental teams, participate in Organization-wide committees, project teams, and working groups. Similarly, provides specialized expertise on international technical networks and or technical policy and standard-setting bodies.
- Develops technical, statistical, analytical, monitoring and reporting frameworks. Also, the related tools, methodologies, systems, and databases.
- Designs and conducts research, data collection, validation, analysis and/or reporting activities to support the development of technical standards, international instruments, innovative tools and methodologies, flagship publications/technical reports and/or policy proposals as well as the provision of technical specialist and/or policy advice and expertise.
- Responds to requests and provides technical/policy advice, assistance, and solutions to regional, subregional, and country offices. Also, provides technical backstopping to field projects.
- Promotes international cooperation and collaboration, advocates best practices, increases policy dialogue.
- Provides technical expertise at international meetings and conferences.
- Collaborates in capacity development activities involving knowledge sharing, the organization of training workshops, seminars, and meetings as well as the development of related materials and online tools and information kits.
- Participates in resource mobilization activities in accordance with FAO’s Corporate Strategy and departmental plans.
- University degree in economics, agriculture, nutrition, social science, political science or a related field.
- Seven years of relevant experience in the related field.
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of either Arabic, Chinese, or Russian.
- Extent and relevance of knowledge and experience in IPC analysis and training.