Engineering Jobs at Honda Motor Company, Greensboro, North Carolina
Position: Electrical Systems Engineer
Honda Motor Company is a Japanese public multinational conglomerate corporation. Honda has been the world’s largest motorcycle manufacturer since 1959, as well as the world’s largest manufacturer of internal combustion engines measured by volume, producing more than 14 million internal combustion engines each year. It was the second-largest Japanese automobile manufacturer in 2001. Honda was the eighth largest automobile manufacturer in the world in 2015.
Roles and responsibilities
- Design, development and certification support of the aircraft Electrical Power System, including power generation, distribution, and energy storage.
- Perform trade studies to determine optimal engineering solution.
- Development and validation of requirements.
- Create system schematics. Similarly, design, plan, and support of integration tests for laboratory and aircraft testing.
- Provide technical support for troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and corrective action.
- Support of production, in-service and flight test activities.
- Preparation and presentation of technical data in design reviews as of change requests.
- Review and approval of Qualification Test Plans, Procedures, and Reports.
- Provide support as required in the maintenance and update of the Electrical Test Laboratory.
- Similarly, provide support as required in other areas of the Electrical Systems group, including cockpit controls, exterior/interior lighting, electrical harness design.
Skills and qualifications
- BS in an Engineering related discipline (Master’s degree preferred). In addition to that, 5 or more years of aviation experience with 8 or more years of directly related experience involving design, development, and certification of the electrical/electronic system.
- Knowledge of FAR Part 23 or 25 regulations. Similarly, knowledge of aircraft wiring practices as well as aircraft bonding and grounding practices.
- Following, the experience of design practices for HIRF and Lightning protection.
- Also, knowledge of RTCA/DO-160, RTCA/DO-178, and RTCA/DO-254 process preferred.
- Knowledge of system modeling and analysis tools as well as requirements management tool preferred.
- Furthermore, proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel, Project, Lotus Notes, PowerPoint).