Electrician Job at United Nations, Lebanon
The appointee electrician will do the following job at the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon
- Plans, schedules and supervises the implementation of engineering projects such as electrical installation and maintenance.
- Assesses requirements for the electrical installation, repairs, and maintenance of engineering equipment. On the basis of the assessment, drafts technical or assessment reports; determines work requirements, and issues work orders and work assignments to assistants and technicians.
- Diagnoses problems and develops solutions for malfunctioning or defective engineering equipment or systems.
- Following, supervises and coordinates the electrical installation, servicing, maintenance and repair of engineering equipment, in compliance with recognized standards and regulations pertaining to safety and installation codes.
- Supervises work carried by national, international junior staff assigned to the team and contractors in accordance with set schedules. Also, provides inputs related to their performance
- Inspects and reports on construction, installation and maintenance projects carried out either by contractors or tradesmen and staff under supervision.
- Applies and ensures adherence to safety programs related to the safe operation of engineering equipment and power tools.
- Monitor the daily electrical and HVAC issues work orders (iNeeds) and timely attend the issue and reporting.
- Regular maintenance plan development for all the mission electrical infrastructures and supervision of electrical installation and maintenance.
- Also, identifies resource requirements for his/her area of responsibility in connection with budget preparations.
- Assists in the technical evaluation of bids and proposals for engineering projects and equipment.
- Secures equipment, materials, supplies and spare parts for supervised works.
- Reads and interprets specifications and technical drawings for construction, installations, and upgrade of infrastructure. Prepares bills of quantities and costs for engineering projects.
- Similarly, responsible for the mission energy infrastructure management plan (EIMP) implementation and attend monthly energy and environment relevant Video teleconferencing (VTC).
- Assist in the development of electrical and HVAC relevant scope of works (SOW), specifications, BOQs, and designs.
- Supervises the maintenance of records relating to inventories, work orders, and general correspondence.
- Furthermore, reviews and approves work orders and assigns tasks to tradesmen and technicians being supervised.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. In addition to that, technical training in electrical engineering technology or in a relevant technical discipline.
- At least eight years of relevant experience in construction project implementation in a private, commercial or military environment, in installing, servicing.
- Previous experience in a post-conflict environment or other field operations is highly desirable.
- Fluency in English both oral and written is necessary.