Jobs in Food and Agricultural Organization, Italy
Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO) of the UN (United Nations) is seeking a dynamic, motivated, experienced, and highly qualified Evaluation Officer for the planning, conduct, and evaluation of the assigned projects to achieve the goal. He/She will directly report to the Director of Programme.
Roles and responsibilities
The Evaluation officer will be responsible for following duties
- Composes and manages project evaluation teams;
- Supports evaluations of programmes, programme components or cluster of projects;
- Supports lead evaluators in the preparation of evaluation reports and related materials;
- Assists with the organization and preparation of meetings, missions, workshops, and other events;
- Keeps abreast of methodological developments in evaluation, contributes to the development of evaluation methodologies and tools and participates in capacity development activities;
- Liaises and collaborates with other units of the Organization with a view to promoting results-based evaluation culture and enhanced learning from evaluations;
- Liaises and collaborates with the evaluation units of other United Nations organizations as well as professional evaluation bodies;
- Performs other duties as required.
Required skills and qualifications
- Advanced university degree in evaluation, agriculture, social and economic development or a related field;
- Three years of relevant experience in supporting, designing, planning and/or conducting development evaluations;
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, Russian;
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable;
- Extent and relevance of experience in supporting, designing, planning and managing development evaluations;
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in using innovative evaluation methodologies.