Jobs at Expedia Group, United States
Position: Operational Risk Analyst
American global travel technology company Expedia Group is seeking experienced internal auditor or risk professional. The incumbent will perform the following duties in particular
- Develop positive relationships with business partners and peers, to aid in supporting the development and optimization of the EGP internal control framework, whilst supporting wider risk mitigation strategies
- Support the effective and timely execution of internal controls with control performers, owners, and operational leadership.
- Provide mentorship to control performers/owners, and operational leadership regarding internal control gaps, or deficiencies, and assist in the effective and timely remediation thereof.
- Maintain and review for appropriateness, standard internal control framework documentation, and reporting as well as administer internal control systems.
- Conduct periodic risk assessments of operational areas to identify areas of risk, including the documentation of risks, identification of risk owners, measurement of risks, and facilitation of appropriate risk treatment plans.
- Similarly, support the department strategic priority to support the implementation of preventative and automated controls by actively identifying/pursuing opportunities.
- Coordinate internal/external stakeholders to enhance control visibility/efforts across groups.
- Also, provide leadership by facilitating meetings, directing projects, and representing the Quality and Operation Risk Management team.
- Foster an environment of positive employee morale and effective teamwork. Similarly, oversee the maintenance of SOX documentation within the company’s GRC tool.
- Draft and distribute reporting on the effectiveness of controls to stakeholders, and proactively highlight areas of risk
- Furthermore, perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. In addition to that, preferably 4+ years’ experience within an internal control, internal audit or public accounting environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of internal controls (identification/defining/assessment) and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance/testing
- Excellent analytical (Excel/SQL), social and communication skills. Similarly, strong leadership skills and the ability to work effectively with all levels of employees.
- Project management experience/certification. Similarly, CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP, CISM, CRISC or other relevant audits, accountancy or risk management professional certification preferred.
- Ability to work autonomously, or as part of a cross-functional/global team
- Strong time management skills and ability to deliver. Also, the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and timelines in accordance with stakeholder’s requirements.
- Strong critical thinking, initiative, drive, and an interest in technology.
- Ability to clearly articulate risk concepts as well as able to think globally while driving strategic activities.
- Confident to develop influence cross-functionally.
- Willingness to travel and be part of a global team.