Medical Teams International jobs in Uganda,
The Medical Team International is seeking a highly qualified, experienced, and motivated Finance Director to look after accounting, payments, and banking, payroll, budgeting, financial reporting, and grant financial management and compliance.
Roles and responsibilities
- Accountable for the implementation of the country office finance strategy and responsible for ensuring effective financial management & accountability, including cash flow management and forecasting
- Develop, implement and maintain internal controls and financial procedures to ensure compliance with statutory, international, donor, and HQ (FOM) regulations and requirements
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation and presentation of financial statements and reports that can be relied on for decision making by the Country Director and Senior Management Team
- Provide leadership to Finance Team by mentoring direct reports and providing technical supervision and training to all finance staff
- Accountable for the appropriate use of resources in accordance with budget holder authority and MTI’s cost principles
- Ensure timely and accurate functioning of Unit 4 financial system including maintaining the completeness and integrity of data, generating reports, reviewing account reconciliations, and authorizing transactions in accordance with MTI procedures
- Coordinate the development and monitoring of all budgets and grant management
- Review of payroll transactions, allocation, and reconciliation on a monthly basis
- Take the lead in audit preparation, sourcing external auditors and support program and HQ staff in preparation for external and internal audits; ensure the implementation and maintenance of those audit recommendations
- As a member of the Senior Management Team, contribute to developing organizational objectives and change management strategies
- Represent the organization to financial partners, including donors, financial institutions, auditors, public officials, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Accounting & Finance or a related field is required, Preferably MBA.
- Professional Accounting Certification Training
- Registration with a professional accounting body (e.g. ACCA, CPA)
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing finance (accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting) for a complex INGO with multiple funding sources; Experience with UNHCR funds is desirable
- Excellent knowledge of INGO accounting, including complex fund and grant accounting, compliance, and reporting
- In-depth knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards and International Public Sector Accounting Standards
- In-depth knowledge of Uganda laws and regulations pertaining to financial management
- Knowledge of USAID, UNHCR, ECHO, WFP funding rules and regulations, financial reporting and disclosure requirements
- Knowledge of ERP systems and computerized accounting software such as Sage, Unit4, etc
Click here to see more vacancies.