Finance Officer position available at Agrifin Programs of Mercy Corps.
About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
About the Position
The Agrifin Finance Officer is an HQ-based position charged with supporting a regional portfolio of countries implementing AfriFin programs and ensuring that the financial reporting and compliance standards are met throughout the region. The FO provides technical financial support to the field finance staff and the field country offices generally. The FO needs to be able to step into any financial position in the program, filling in for the Finance and Compliance Director or other field Finance Staff both remotely and in person while on any type of leave, or whenever necessary for the Finance and Compliance Director’s workload.
- Effective communications with field team to ensure Agrifin compliance requirements are adhered to and met.
- Ensuring that the Agrifin monthly financial package, reports and general ledger are received on time, are complete and accurate.
- Agrifin financial documentation archiving and reporting.
- Develop system to gather, index and prepare all expenditure receipts for submission to the donor.
- Liaise with donors on matters of compliance, reporting, and budget management.
- Prepare donor financial reports based on field expenditures and allowable indirect cost rates.
- monitor Agrifin spending to ensure timely expenditure of donor funds and project closure.
- Review and support preparation of annual and revised Agrifin budgets to be submitted to the donor
- Monitor monthly Agrifin cash flow in the field (including review of monthly Cash Flow Projections), and annual funding requests with the donors.
- Prepare Budget versus Actual Reports for the management and Complex Board review
- Process/review/reconcile expatriate quarterly taxable benefits with the field.
- Perform Agrifin inter-company account reconciliations with required supporting documentation on a monthly basis.
- facilitate the opening and closing of new Agrifin-funded country offices by providing financial guidance and assistance.
- Assist in preparation and support to Agrifin-related audits, including preparing assigned audit schedules and gathering required information and responding to audit queries as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BA/S or equivalent in accounting strongly preferred.
- 2-4 years nonprofit accounting experience with demonstrated knowledge of GAAP.
- 2 years international NGO/PVO experience or similar is required; Mercy Corps experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working with accounting software products and Excel.
- Experience managing grants preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and skill with financial reporting preparation and presentation as well as reconciliations.
- Effective interpersonal skills and demonstrated success establishing and maintaining relationships are vital.
- Effective verbal and written communication, multi-tasking, organizational, prioritization skills are necessary.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with cross cultural team members is required.