Graphic Designing Jobs at the Swatch Group in Switzerland,
About the Swatch Group
Swatch Group is an international group active in the design, manufacture, and sale of finished watches, jewelry, watch movements and components. Swatch Group supplies nearly all components required by its 18 watch brands, and Swatch Group companies supply movements and components to third-party watchmakers in Switzerland and around the world. The company employs about 36,000 people in 50 countries.
The Swatch Group is looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic, qualified, and experienced Graphic Designer to take part in the design and the realization of TV graphics, public scoreboards displays, and web pages addressed to the general audience and sports professionals.
Duties and responsibilities
- Be responsible for the conception, design, maintenance, evolution, testing and documentation of the assigned front-end designs layouts (e. g. TV graphics, public scoreboards, web pages, photo finish layouts)
- Thoroughly apply working methodologies according to the released guidelines, team leader and head of department directions. (e. g. correct use of the issues tracking tool, the source control server, or the release management procedures).
- Support the developers during layouts implementations with web pages, TV or PSCB Commands.
- Creates mock-ups and proposals for graphics solutions before the actual design
- Train and support developers, testers and operators regarding the configuration or usage of rendering software (e. g. Viz, IRIS)
- Report to the team leader
- Work independently in an Agile environment using the SCRUM methodology.
- Take part to operations for the assigned role (Rover or operator, etc.)
- Travel around 20%
Required Skills and qualifications
- Ability to communicate, cooperate and collaborate with other developers as well as Team Leaders, testing department, International Federations, competition organizing committee, etc.
- Ability to work under pressure and in “live” context
- Solution oriented, “can do” attitude.
- Good methodological and “best practice” approach, although able to stay pragmatic and business oriented when required.
- Ability to work as an effective team member yet able to be autonomous
- Capacity to respect the deadlines and to deal with stressful situations
- Strong artistic and creative taste
- Travel availability (approximately 20%) in Switzerland and abroad
- Interest in sport
- Professional experience and excellent knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Professional experience and knowledge of front end web technologies (e. g. JQuery, CSS, HTML5)
- Knowledge in other web-related technologies such as PHP, ASP.NET, MySQL, etc.
- Professional experience and knowledge of Viz Artist, or alternatively other animations software such as Adobe Flash, Premiere or After Effects
- Professional experience in software development and/or scripting
- Demonstrated experience in hardware, systems, and networking
- Experience and knowledge of TV and broadcast technologies and standards
- Experienced with TFS
- Understanding of agile / scrum methodology
- Previous experience in sports technologies service provision