Graphic Designer Vacancy at the UN Environment Program, Nairobi, Kenya
The incumbent will perform the following duties
Roster and Long Term Arrangement (LTAs) development and management
- Develop and manage high-quality rosters of, and long-term arrangements with, individual and institutional service providers for all aspects of graphic design product that is relevant to a wide range of projects and budgets, and positioned to deliver excellent graphic design products on a turnkey basis.
- Oversee the production of graphic outputs and ensure quality control measures that enhance UNEP’s visibility and promote the environmental agenda.
Style and quality control, design workflow and management
- In line with the brand guidelines of the organization and in close coordination with the Brand Building Section, plan, monitor, and create graphic design standards and controls and ensure that UNEP’s graphics are of a high international standard.
- Design comprehensive workflows for tasks as well as assignment management.
- Produce design collateral and provide direction to the work of the Graphic Design Unit, including strategic guidance for the unit’s clients, ensuring effective integration of graphics and design elements in the broader conceptualization and planning of communication interventions.
- Execute strategy, bringing state of the art practices, techniques, technologies, and approaches to bear on the organization’s graphic design work.
- Contribute to the formulation of policies, protocols, and procedures to streamline graphic design production and workflows and manage the human and other resources of the unit.
- Manage internal as well as external resources for the relevant work of the unit, the section, and the division.
- Act as an environmental and exhibit design advisor
- Provide guidance to colleagues in the design and management of the environment and exhibition design that have high visual and communication impact.
- Explore and present conceptual ideas for a cohesive, coherent and creative branding of the relevant exhibitions incorporating the visual identity elements of the event.
- Also, coordinate the work of UNEP contractors to ensure accurate and consistent execution of designs as approved by UNEP through to full completion and dismantling post-event.
- Perform other duties as prescribed by the Section Chief or the Office of the Director.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Graphic Design, Fine Arts or related area is required. However, bachelor degree holders with two additional years of qualifying experience can also apply for the post.
- In addition to that, at least five years of progressively responsible experience in graphic design or related field.
- Experience in an international environment is an advantage. Experience in managing a team is desirable.
- For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English. Furthermore, knowledge of another UN language is an advantage.