International Rescue Committee Jobs in Atlanta, United States of America
The International Rescue Committee is seeking a motivated, experienced and highly qualified Health and Wellness Associate to actively involve in the subject issue of behavioral health, domestic violence, and sexual assault screening. Further, he/she will be responsible for case management and coordinating service needs within IRC in Atlanta and with local providers.
Roles and responsibilities
- Work with IRC staff to identify, refer and coordinate care for clients determined to have a high probability of emotional distress, or/and to have experienced trauma/torture or DV/SA
- Conduct mental health and DV/SA screenings, referrals to culturally- and linguistically-competent providers, and service coordination for clients
- Provide ongoing case management services for clients who disclose DV/SA
- Develop and foster partnerships with community organizations for referral of clients as needed
- Coordinate and facilitate psychoeducation classes for clients and assess knowledge gained
- Work with H&W staff to ensure quality assurance policies and procedures are in place including but not limited to tracking of referral needs, screening outcomes, and service coordination/utilization outcomes to meet funder and compliance requirements
- Comply with reporting and recordkeeping requirements
- Train and supervise interns and volunteers to support clients and track screening and referrals
- Work closely with staff to enhance and implement Health and Wellness Program goals
- Other duties as assigned.
Required qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Expertise and experience typically acquired through 2-3 years of relevant work experience in public health, social work, crisis response, domestic violence and/or humanitarian relief
- Proficient in case management services, including engagement, assessment, safety/service planning, referring to services, advocacy, and follow-up.
- 1 – 2 years’ experience working with refugee families preferred
- Caliber in working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment
- success working collaboratively with other professionals including community partners
- Understanding of the dynamics, needs, and potential services relating to DV/SA is diserable
- Proven ability to contribute both independently and as a key team member
- Self- starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with the proven ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and manage time effectively
- Fluency in written and spoken English, additional language skills desired
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle with current insurance, and the ability to travel regularly throughout the service delivery area (home visits, agency visits, service provider visits, etc.)
- Ability and willingness to drive a 15 passenger van preferred.
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required
Click here to see more vacancies like this.