Apply for the Health & Wellness Caseworker Vacancy at IRC in the USA.
Our Community Health and Wellness programs ensure that all newly resettled refugees have access to on-going psycho-social support to serve their adjustment needs as well as ensures additional culturally and linguistically sensitive mental health referral support services are available. Additionally, you will be responsible for the implementation of psycho-social programming serving the newcomer population in the Bay Area. Also, the psycho-social programming is funded through the Alameda County Behavioral Health Care Services Prevention and Early Intervention (PEI) program. Furthermore, you will provide outreach and engagement, education, screening, and referral services. Also, you will work with the Clinical Advisor and Health and Wellness Coordinator to build personalized wellness plans that include traditional healing practices and cultural aspects, as well as follow up with individuals to prevent escalations in mental health crises.
- Provide culturally sensitive case management for individuals who are socially isolated, have previous exposure to trauma, and/or are at risk of mental illness.
- Perform intakes, screenings, and service planning to ensure clients’ psychosocial wellbeing needs are met.
- Additionally, work with staff to identify, screen, and support with navigating barriers to care for clients determined to have a high probability of physical and emotional stress.
- Provide time-limited case management services to high-needs clients.
- Likewise, conduct Bridge-to-Safety screenings to assess for domestic and sexual violence; provide appropriate referrals to community mental health and/or other service providers.
- Furthermore, ensure accurate tracking and data entry of client notes, assessments, RHS-15 screening, and referrals, in accordance with quality assurance standards of the IRC, and ACBHCS.
- Additionally, ensure clients with identified mental health risks or interest in specialty mental health care have linkage and referrals to culturally and linguistically appropriate mental health care partners.
Qualifications for Health & Wellness Caseworker Vacancy
- Associate degree with an emphasis in Social Work, Psychology, sociology, or an equivalent field of study or work experience. Bachelor’s degree desired.
- Additionally, 2+ years of relevant work experience. A significant portion of this experience would include responsibilities in community-based services, social services, education, capacity building, and/or humanitarian relief.
- Also, understanding of community integration, resettlement, and migration trauma.
- Cross-cultural awareness and communication skills.
- Experience with psycho-social programming preferred.
- Similarly, success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Experience working directly with underserved populations.
- Ability to contribute both independently and as a key team member.
- Furthermore, organized with excellent reporting skills.
- Responsibilities split between field-based and office environment.
- Furthermore, travel to field site operation often. Access to reliable and insured transportation required.
Visit the official website for further details.