Home-based jobs at UN
Position: International Specialist on Nutrition and Food Systems at Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations
The Food and Agricultural Organization is looking for a qualified International Specialist on Nutrition and Food Systems to work from home.
In particular, the position holder will do be doing the following contributions
- Review food systems literature of food systems and nutrition for evidence-informed policy development in Europe and Central Asia.
- Design and conducts research, data collection and analysis, and preparation of technical reports/publications.
- Similarly, design capacity development interventions, including project formulation, project management, reporting and monitoring frameworks in line with FAO requirements.
- Support food system analysis through the development of specific research methodologies and work plans.
- Also, prepare as well as implements training courses and workshops on food systems and nutrition, and providing specific technical advice.
- Contribute to the preparation of missions, including setting-up coordination meetings, preparing the mission agenda and relevant background materials.
- Support the methodology development for first-hand data collection (such as information checklist/questionnaire) and provide guidance for the data collection.
- Carry out the second-hand data collection, processing, and analysis.
- In addition to that, prepare country-specific and regional reports and nutrition-sensitive policy recommendations.
- Furthermore, carry out the country case studies from different sub-regions (Central Asia, Europe CIS, Western Balkans, Caucasus, and EU-28) and reflecting malnutrition country clusters of the ECA region.
- Advanced university degree in economics/statistics, nutrition, public health, medicine, food science or related fields. However, the Ph.D. will be an advantage.
- In addition to that, five years of relevant experience in food security and nutrition-related project design and implementation;
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of one of the other FAO languages (French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Russian) for COF.REGs. For PSAs a working knowledge of English is sufficient.