HR Officer Vacancy at WHO (World Health Organization), Mozambique
The HR Officer will advise and supports the delivery of HR services in the areas of HR Planning, selections, recruitment, contract administration, entitlements and benefits, performance management, staff development and learning to the staff at all levels.
Similarly, s/he will perform the administration and operational requirements of all selection and recruitment formalities for fixed and short-term staff and non-staff in the professional and general services categories including:
- Drafting vacancy notices; Advising and assisting technical staff in the preparation of submissions for Selection for approval;
- Ensuring all arrangements for interviewing and testing of prospective staff are made appropriately;
- Overseeing the recruitment and selections process;
- Establishing and maintaining rostersProvides expert advice and support to end-users on HR issues offered by the global management system and GSM effective use, in order to enable client services to achieve both operational and strategic objectives;
- Timely initiate HRAPs for reassignments/redeployments/terminations and extensions of short-term and fixed-term appointments at least 3 months before the expiry date ensuring that performance evaluation reports for staff are concluded and medical clearances are received timely;
- Reviews, develops, drafts job descriptions, in consultation with the relevant supervisors or Program Officers;
- Reviews post descriptions for new, vacant or revised positions against existing post descriptions;
- Identifies changes to the post descriptions, bringing major changes to the attention of the HR Officer in the Regional Office;
- Reviews requests for reclassification of General Service posts by preparing background documentation for action by the HR Officer in the Regional Office.
The position holder will also ensure pre-recruitment and onboarding formalities occur in a timely manner and in accord with rules and regulations by:
- Providing briefing and orientation to newly arrived/recruited staff members/Consultants as well as providing HR support to newcomers on all HR and administrative issues and procedures.
- Acts as a focal point for Staff Development and Learning activities and programs i.e. initiation and coordination of training, orientations, briefings of staff members;
- Assist all staff to complete BSAFE;
- Provides Human Resources advice to management regarding staffing-related issues
- Interacts with managers to identify staff related-business issues and provides guidance, tools, and also support to address them in the most effective and efficient way;
- Updates information on all HR issues, staff members, types of contracts and locations on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy of information;
- Furthermore, performs other functions as required by the supervisor.
The ideal HR Officer will have the following qualifications
- University Degree in human resources management, business or public administration, administrative law, social sciences or other related areas.
- In addition to that, ten years of professional experience with an emphasis on human resources management and planning areas in international organizations.
- Good knowledge of human resources management theories and principles.
- Ability to interpret Staff Rules and personnel policies and determine entitlements. Similarly, the ability to counsel and communicate effectively;
- Demonstrated supervisory skills.
- Expert knowledge of the Portuguese language. Further, knowledge of the English language or knowledge of any other official UN language would be plus.
Click here for more job vacancies.