Human Resources Jobs at UN (United Nations), Columbia
Position: Human Resources Assistant at the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
The incumbent will be performing the following qualifications
- Provide administrative support regarding the duties and contractual rights of staff with fixed-term appointments (FTA); as well as ensure that information in the databases of the Human Talent Unit and the United Nations Department of Security (UNDSS) is correct and updated.
- Assist and support internationally recruited staff in the processes before the Chancery Protocol Office and assist in accreditation procedures, in obtaining visas, licenses, etc.
- Review and process requests for entitlements and claims for staff; maintain accurate and correct entitlement data in Umoja. Similarly, handle moderately complex cases independently, complex cases to be discussed with the supervisor.
- Assist in coordinating procedures related to the role of HR Mini-Master to solve the problems and / or requirements in the SAP/UMOJA system.
- Provide support with the design and implementation of the general training plan.
- Assist in organizing and promoting activities proposed by the Welfare Committee for UNODC staff that contribute to the maintenance of a good working environment. Similarly, s/he assists in the implementation of performance management processes.
- Provide support and assistance to management in the implementation of prevention strategies (i.e. cases of labor conflict, harassment, sexual harassment and abuse of authority, etc.).
- Undertake research on a range of HR-related issues and assist in the preparation of notes/reports.
- Provide general office support services; process, draft, edit, proofread and finalize for signature/approval a variety of correspondence and other communications. Set up and maintain files/records (electronic and paper) and also prepare formal written responses to queries concerning HR related matters.
- Furthermore, perform other work-related duties, if required.
- High Diploma or equivalent. In addition to that, five years of progressively responsible experience in human resources management, administrative services or related area.
- Several years of working experience in human resources in an international organization or within the United Nations system, including experience in welfare processes and staff development, is highly desirable.
- Experience working with the HR module of large ERP systems, e.g. Oracle, SAP, is desirable.
- For the post advertised, fluency in Spanish and English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.