Human Resources Specialist position is available in the Department of Human Resources Management (HRM) at Pan American Health Organization (PAHO). The incumbent will work under the general supervision of the Director of Administration (AM), and the direct supervision of the Director, Human Resources Management (HRM).
- Research and analyze policy trends within the UN common system, including WHO, and their potential impact on PAHO
- Also, review, propose and draft amendments to PAHO’s staff rules and regulations, e-Manual provisions and other information or tools within the Organization’s regulatory framework
- Gather facts, analyze data and prepare the annual HRM reports to PAHO’s Governing Bodies
- Promote consistent application of HR policies throughout the organization and act as a policy advisor within HRM
- Train staff and personnel regarding interpretation as well as application of PAHO staff rules and regulations, policies, and processes;
- Participate in Integrity and Conflict Management System meetings;
- Work closely with the HRM Director to develop HR policies and procedures that support the Human
- Furthermore, resources Strategy; conduct research and maintain information on trends in HR strategic planning
- Support the HRM Director in the development of HR projects and initiatives; prepare status and other reports on implementation of HR projects;
- Likewise, provide guidance to the Recruitment team with respect to the applicability of staff entitlements and benefits to newly appointed staff members
Qualifications and Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Industrial relations, Public Business Administration, law or a related field.
- Moreover, master’s degree in any of the areas related to the functions of the post would be an asset.
- Seven years of combined national and international professional experience in the human resources management field, besides responsibilities for the interpretation and administration of conditions of employment at the international level.
- Work experience within an international or multinational organization with a diverse workforce would be an asset.
- Very good knowledge of English or Spanish with working knowledge of the other language.
- Also, knowledge of French and/or Portuguese would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use a computer and utilize software programs such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Outlook.
- Other IT skills and knowledge of other software programs such as Visio and Project would be an asset.