Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children.
In this role you will set the vision and strategic direction for the global organization, oversee our humanitarian portfolio (approx. US$0.5bn) and ensure that SCI’s humanitarian preparedness and response work is child focused, delivered at scale, scope and quality and in line with sector commitments such as Grand Bargain and Core Humanitarian standard. You will also ensure we use our voice to ensure children’s rights are prioritized and upheld.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is consistently dissatisfied with the status quo, but enough of a realist to understand when to drive for change and when not to; to help ensure positive and lasting change in the lives of the most marginalized and vulnerable children.
In order to be successful you will bring:
* Significant senior level leadership and management experience in a large and complex humanitarian and/or crisis management agency.
* Significant humanitarian management track-record of accomplishment, including field operations experience in complex and rapid onset emergencies.
* Substantial knowledge of international humanitarian systems, institutions and donors, and of procedures, accountability frameworks and best practices in emergency management.
* Robust experience in developing and implementing organizational vision and strategies.
* Demonstrated ability to thrive in a matrix management environment and leading groups in collaborative decision making, problem solving and work planning
* Experience of leading and growing a high performing team to deliver to ambitious targets
* Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
* Solid project management skills related to organizational development projects and international, cross functional teams with a proven history of delivering results
This role offers a competitive salary.
|Type of Opportunity||General Job|
|Company Name||Save the Children|