Humanitarian Director position is available at Save the Children. The incumbent will be responsible to lead on SCA’s Humanitarian strategy and help the organization re-imagine its Humanitarian work. This is an opportunity for someone who is consistently dissatisfied with the status quo, but enough of a realist to understand when to drive for change and when not to; to help take the organization forward and ensure positive and lasting change in the lives of the most marginalised and vulnerable children.
This role could be based in London, or any existing Save the Children location.
- Set the vision and strategic direction for SCA
- Oversee the global humanitarian portfolio (approx US$.5bn)
- Ensure that SCI’s humanitarian preparedness and response work is child focused, delivered at scale, scope and quality and in line with sector commitments such as Grand Bargain and the Core Humanitarian standard.
- Likewise, ensure the use of voice to ensure children’s rights get priority and upheld.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Significant senior level leadership and management experience in a large and complex humanitarian and/or crisis management agency.
- Similarly, significant humanitarian management track-record of accomplishment, including field operations experience in complex and rapid onset emergencies.
- Likewise, substantial knowledge of international humanitarian systems, institutions and donors, procedures, accountability frameworks and best practices in emergency management.
- Robust experience in developing and implementing organizational vision and strategies.
- Furthermore, demonstrated ability to thrive in a matrix management environment and leading groups in collaborative decision making, problem solving and work planning
- Experience of leading and growing a high performing team to deliver to ambitious targets
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- In addition, solid project management skills related to organizational development projects and international, cross functional teams with a proven history of delivering results
In order to apply, attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.