International Chief Technical Advisor (ICTA)/Project Manager position is available in UNDP (United Nations Development Programme). UNDP is the UN’s global development network and assists countries to build and share solutions to the challenges of globalization and human development. The EU4Climate Project helps governments in the six EU Eastern Partner countries – Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, the Republic of Moldova and Ukraine – to take action against climate change. The International Chief Technical Advisor/Project Manager (ICTA) of the EU4Climate Project will be based in the UNDP Istanbul Regional Hub (IRH).
- Plans the activities of the project and monitors progress against the indicators
- Mobilizes goods and services to initiative activities, including drafting TORs and work specifications;
- Likewise, manages the realization of project outputs through planned activities;
- Addresses project issues as raised and/discussed by the Project Board;
- Also, performs the financial reporting and control mechanisms;
- Monitors events as determined in the Monitoring & Evaluation Plan, and updates the plan
- Similarly, manages requests for the provision of financial resources by UNDP COs
Qualifications and Requirements
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in climate change, energy, economics, business administration, environmental studies or related disciplines.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience in project management, NGOs, government, academia, and/or multilateral organizations in the fields of climate change, climate policies and/or sustainable energy
- Experience in a multi-cultural setting is an asset;
- Similarly, experience in planning, management, and coordination of multi-disciplinary projects
- Familiarity with the goals and procedures of international organizations, in particular those of the EU and UNDP will be considered an asset;
- Furthermore, experience in administration of budgets and human resources management is an asset;
- Previous work experience in one or more of the participating countries, as well as previous work experience in the project region on issues related to climate change will be an asset;
- In addition, demonstrable skills in computer use including Word processing, Spread sheets, PowerPoint is an asset.
- Above all, fluency in English is a requirement.
- Knowledge of Russian language will be considered as an asset.