International Consultancy for Nutrition Stakeholder and Action Mapping, P4 Level, UNICEF Vientiane, Lao PDR
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) in Vientiane, Lao PDR is looking for a qualified International Consultant for
Stakeholder and Nutrition Action Mapping using the Web-based Scaling-up Nutrition Planning and Monitoring Tool (SUN PMT).
Roles and Responsibilities:
The main purpose of this assignment is to provide technical support to the National Nutrition Committee Secretariat to contextualize, build capacity for and implement the stakeholder and nutrition action mapping using web-based Scaling-up Nutrition Planning and Monitoring Tool.The consultant is expected to undertake the following tasks:
Technical lead of the Mapping team (consultant):
• Familiarize themselves with the web-based SUN PMT and provide in-depth training to the Mapping team
• Define mapping data collection modalities, timelines, roles and responsibilities for team
• Adapt the tool to the country context and to align with the objectives
• Manage and guide the Mapping team through data collection and data cleaning processes
• Lead the Mapping team in the analysis and reporting of results
• Liaise with the REACH secretariat
Mapping Team (made up of technical staff from relevant government ministries and development partner institutions):
• Support the entire mapping process under the guidance of the Technical Lead, including: 1) customization of tool, 2) data collection, 3) data analysis and 4) reporting and presentation of results
Technical Advisory Team (made up of nutrition focal points from government ministries and development partner institutions):
• Provide oversight of the mapping process
• Agree by consensus on the objectives of the mapping, potential uses, core nutrition actions, key target groups and delivery mechanisms
• Agree on the institutionalization with the relevant government agency or partner as well as the mapping team
• Play a key role in reviewing and preforming quality assurance of the outputs during the four phases
• Review and provide feedback on the results prior to dissemination
• Agree and organize stakeholder meeting for presentation and feedback of the results as well as dissemination mechanisms to wider stakeholder community
UN Nutrition Focal Point:
• Provide oversight to the exercise, manage bottlenecks when they arise
• Organize logistics for the mapping teams as well as meetings for results dissemination
• Provide support to the technical advisory team and facilitate their role if necessary
• Liaise with the REACH secretariat
• Provide training on the tool to the technical lead and mapping team
• Provide technical support through weekly or bi-monthly calls with the technical lead
• Review and provide feedback on the 1) customized tool, 2) data collection and 3) presentation of final result.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
Bachelor Degree in Statistics, Nutrition, Public Health, Agriculture, Food Security, Social Science, Economics, International Development
Relevant professional experience acquired in nutrition issues linked to agriculture, rural development, health, education and/or water and sanitation. Experience doing similar analyses, stakeholder mapping or Monitoring & Evaluation. Experience depicting key findings in graphs, maps, charts and other visual aids. Experience in knowledge and information management is an asset.
Required Competencies (including interpersonal skills):
• Proficient in English
• Excellent analytical skills
• Understanding and knowledge of Government structures, development situation and key issues in nutrition
• Familiarity with food and nutrition security issues relevant to Lao PDR
• Demonstrated ability to conduct interviews and engage with a variety of stakeholders and work with a team
• Familiarity with DHIS2
• Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Please find attached TOR of this consultancy here.Web-based SUN PMT – Project TOR -.pdf
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
|Type of Opportunity||General Job|