Red Cross jobs in Thailand
Position: Communication Field Officer at International Committee of Red Cross (ICRC)
The ICRC is seeking Communication Field Officer for designing, planning and implementing communication projects and activities. All the projects and activities will be in coordination with the management of the structure in Pattani and the Communications Manager in Bangkok.
In particular, the position holder will be performing the following duties
- Contributes to defining communication objectives, strategies and plans of action for the structure covering the Southern Border Provinces (SBPs) in line with the field structure’s priorities and/or the delegation’s communication strategy.
- Produces content (features stories, photos, content for social media, audio-visual material, and others) to be used for communication/public communication purposes.
- Develops/updates presentations about the ICRC and the different activities in the SBPs. Similarly, supports in the operations of COM and by other departments.
- Manages the print production and stock needs of the different departments in close coordination with the print production officer in Bangkok.
- Similarly, produces high-quality translations and interpretations from English to Thai and vice-versa for various ICRC texts as per the needs of the structure, in close coordination with the Language Specialist in Bangkok.
- Drafts letters or needed documents both in English and Thai using the appropriate ICRC terminology.
- Contributes to developing tools for operational communication, community engagement, public and digital communication. And also to other COM programs in the SBPs.
- Represents the ICRC to various audiences in order to ensure the appropriate level of acceptance and trust.
- Furthermore, maintains and develops a network with the media and other relevant stakeholders and supports the Environment Scanning officer.
Required qualifications and experience
- University degree in communications, journalism, public relations or other relevant fields. In addition to that, · Minimum 3 years’ work experience in a field relevant to communication or journalism (preferably in an international organization).
- Fluent spoken and excellent writing skill in Thai & English.
- Computer skills (proficiency with MS office) and also familiarity with digital communication tools.
- Certificate in interpretation or translation an advantage. Similarly, field experience an advantage.
- Knowledge of international humanitarian law or related fields an asset.
- Sound knowledge of the political, social and media environment in Thailand and the Southern Borders Provinces.