Applications are open for Investment Officer at Asian Development Bank. The deadline for application is 16th September 2021 and open to specific nationalities.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is outposted to the People’s Republic of China Resident Mission (PRCM) and assigned in the Portfolio Management Division (PSPM) within the Private Sector Operations Department (PSOD). PSPM is accountable for the pro-active management, reporting and review of ADB’s growing portfolio of private sector loans including overseeing project implementation and administration and managing client relationships.
PSOD provides investment capital to private sector entrepreneurs, corporates and project sponsors, as well as financial intermediaries, such as banks, throughout developing Asia. It catalyzes, structure, and fund investments in privately held and state-sponsored companies across a wide range of industry sectors. Its emphasis is on commercially viable transactions that generate financial returns while also delivering on ADB’s organization-wide mission to promote environmentally sustainable and inclusive economic growth.
The Investment Officer works alongside dealing officers from both origination, (while the transaction is signed and closed) and portfolio teams. The position is responsible for all risk and client relationship aspects of assigned transactions from first disbursement to final repayment and works with multiple PSOD staff and a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
Geographic and transaction focus: A large part of the portfolio to be covered will be in lending to infrastructure and project finance in East Asia with a large share of power transactions; followed by corporate finance (health care, agribusiness, others) and will require travel to ADB developing member countries (DMCs). Engagement with PRCM colleagues, across functions, is a requisite of the position, with strong knowledge sharing, and involvement in a wide variety of PRC focused ADB initiatives.
The staff will report to the designated PSPM International Staff (IS) on substantive technical, policy-related and operational aspects. For administrative matters, both designated PSPM IS and Country Director, PRCM are to be consulted.
• Undertakes the preparation of credit monitoring reports (annual, semiannual or quarterly);
• Analyzes client financial data, problems and remedial actions
• Works with dealing officers regarding warning signals or potential problems in transactions and design and coordinating remedial action; and
• Participates in missions related to monitoring of projects.
• Ensures adherence by clients to their obligations for submission to ADB of periodic reports on time and accurately and make follow-ups;
• Undertakes communication with clients in case of covenant breaches or unexpected developments in a transaction;
• Works with clients and other PSPM staff to design remedial measures (waivers, demand letters, others) and implements them jointly with other ADB departments (Office of Risk Management, Office of the General Counsel, Treasury Department, Controller’s Department and others);
• Monitors the development effectiveness parameters and environmental and social management system compliance of transactions for compilation in PSOD’s Development Effectiveness Report;
• Implements technical advisory programs arranged for clients or projects; and
• Supports client-relationship management and participates in face to face meetings and/or business trips.
• Ensures processing of disbursement requests, review of withdrawal applications, verification of compliance with disbursement conditions and/or loan covenants, follow up on submission of required documents and review of their completeness and/or validity;
• Prepares correspondence, and re-estimates project costs and ADB’s share of financing commitments;
• Ensures the development of disbursement projections, actual disbursements, and tracking of shortfalls and identify the underlying causes of such shortfalls.
• Ensures completeness of database of legal documentation, financing and security documents and project contracts for new project approvals, as well as completeness of documents created in PSPM post-origination; and
• Supports the creation and maintenance of project related databases, tracking portfolio size, composition, and other characteristics, for management information.
Project Annual Reviews and Project Completion Reports
• Performs desk review, collects data, assessesg financial and developmental performance of projects, conducts interviews and participates in missions to evaluate projects for extended annual review reports (XARR); and
• Prepares XARRs jointly with PSOD staff or consultants
Administrative and Planning Support
• Participates in the planning of various initiatives designed to facilitate PSPM’s interaction with other ADB departments and in the development of systems and procedures to facilitate liaison and contact with partner institutions; and
• Coordinates the preparation of inputs for the annual work program and/or budget and assists with finalization of PSPM’s submissions related to ADB’s annual planning and budget exercises and mid-year reviews of annual budgets.
• Supports a wide variety of initiatives at PRCM, including participation in cross functional meetings, knowledge sharing, and strategy related.
|Type of Opportunity||General Job|
|Company Name||Asian Development Bank|