Investment Unit Chief position available at the Bureau for Management Services (BMS) of United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
About the Organization
The United Nations Development Programme is the global development network of the United Nations system that is on the ground in 177 countries, with its Headquarters in New York, USA. The Bureau for Management Services (BMS) is a central Bureau tasked with the development of corporate strategies, policies, tools and systems in key cross-cutting management areas. The Office of Financial Resources Management (OFRM) performs a pivotal role within BMS and within UNDP’s global finance function, partnering with Bureaux and Country Offices.
As part of OFRM and Reporting to the Treasurer – Bureau of Management Services Bureau of Management in the Office of Financial Resources Management, the Manager, Investment Unit is responsible for ensuring that UNDP has a comprehensive, coherent and successfully executed plan for the efficient and effective management of cash, investment and foreign exchange operations for resources mobilized by the organization.
- Develop and periodically review investment policy and portfolio strategy including risk limits, financial products, and portfolio benchmarking.
- Maintain bank relationships for investment and hedging activities.
- Manage foreign exchange hedging program and execution of trades
- Present results to UNDP Investment Committee and to UN Agency clients.
- Maintain knowledge through active interaction with external experts in banking and other technical counterparts
- Provide technical advisory and consulting services to Legal Services Office, Multi Partner Trust Funds Office and other HQ units on an ad-hoc basis
- Ensure appropriate utilization of specialized financial instruments
Qualifications and Requirements
- A masters’ degree in business, investment or other financial management specialization from a highly-rated institution is required.
- CFA designation or other professional investment or treasury qualification/certification is highly desirable
- Minimum 10 years specialized experience in investment and foreign exchange transaction management at the international level
- Demonstrated expertise in US fixed income markets and foreign exchange management.
- Analytical capabilities combined with strong leadership, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Prior supervisory/managerial experience required
- Detailed knowledge and experience complying with IFRS or IPSAS or US GAAP.
- Demonstrated success in conceptualizing ERP business specifications as well as experience with corporate ERP system (e.g Oracle/PeopleSoft, SAP).
- Ability to work on tight deadlines under pressure