IT Jobs at WFP in Rome, Italy
Position: IT Solution Developer at World Food Program (WFP)
Roles and responsibilities
- Design, oversee the development and deliver software for all of the SCOPE components, including but not limited to the SCOPE of a web application, POS infrastructure, POS devices and applications, and the Mobile Registration application.
- Assign development tasks to developers, manage the work of junior and senior developers. Facilitate problem-solving for developers in the team and act as a role model for other developers, both junior and seniors by consistently developing solid features and by sharing knowledge of how to develop in a Scrum process in a large enterprise environment.
- Perform code reviews and optimize the code for best performance in the field, internet security, and scalability. Ensure code robustness.
- Collaborates with senior software developers on design decisions and direction for application requirements and consults with project lead on the identification of problems and suggest solutions for the resolution of coding issues.
- Provides recommendations for functional and technical issues to Product Owner.
- Provide expert technical advice to system analysts and developers, helping them troubleshoot complex issues.
- Ensures technical documentation is available and up to date.
- Ensure that best steps for design, scalability, performance, and security.
- Participate in requirement gathering process, propose a solution, and create design documents.
- Increase team efficiency through the identification and optimization of key activities.
- Responsible for implementing evidence-based scheduling, in order to improve the software development team’s capability to provide estimates of when functionality can be released.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Discuss/review proposed technical architectures with internal stakeholders (infrastructure, architecture, security) and with external business partners or vendors.
Required roles and responsibilities
- Advanced university degree in Business Management, Computer Science, Telecommunication Engineering or related field.
- In addition to that, five years or more of postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience in software development including systems analysis, design, and development.
- Strong experience in solutions that require offline capabilities with expertise in synchronization techniques for scenarios that are challenged with connectivity issues.
- Previous experience as a team leads to people management.
- Prior experience with developing in technologies such as Java, Python/Django framework, HTML5, Angular.
- Similarly, experience in client-facing roles in either technology implementation projects or in the planning, design, and implementation of humanitarian and development programs.
- Also, experience in collaborating with different humanitarian actors or different service providers to design payment solutions and instruments.
- At least five years of Project Management.
- At least five years experience in technology and service provisioning and support.
- Fluency in English. In addition to that, additional knowledge of any other UN official language will be an asset. UN official languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, English