Job Vacancy at Amazon in India
Position: Cloud Migration Specialist – Database
This position is located in Hyderabad of India at the Amazon Web Services team. The position holder will collaborate with Amazon customers and/or partners on key engagements and will develop and deliver proof-of-concept projects, technical workshops, feature comparisons, and execute migration projects.
Along with the global traveling, the position holder will be liable for the following duties
- Employ customer-facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with technical and business teams.
- As a key member of the team, ensure success in designing, building and migrating applications, software, and services on the AWS platform.
- Participate in architectural discussions and design exercises to create large scale solutions built on AWS and also be part of the development lifecycle.
- Identity workarounds for specific issues and corner scenarios observed during migration.
- Automate solutions for repeatable problems as well as develop test plans and test cases to demonstrate application/database readiness post-migration.
- Work closely with application teams to ensure business functionality and SLAs are met.
- Consult for the optimal design of database environments, analyzing complex distributed production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance.
- Develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems and also educate customers on the value proposition of AWS and AWS services.
- Partner with the sales team to design solutions for customers that drive AWS adoption and revenue.
- Furthermore, conduct technical sessions for internal teams, partners and customers.
The ideal appointee will have the following qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field.
- At least twelve years of experience in a technical position. Similarly, a minimum of 4 years of experience on any Cloud Platform (AWS, Azure, Google, etc).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Strong programming skills in Java and/or Python. Similarly, strong hands-on experience in integrating multiple databases like Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Teradata, SQL server, etc.
- Deep hands-on experience in the design, development, and deployment of business software at scale.
- Customer-facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management, and risk mitigation
- Leading/Involved in highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software applications.
- Experience in performance optimization techniques.
- High-end Troubleshooting and Communication skills.
- Furthermore, proven experience with the software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required.
Click here to see more job vacancies.